A majority of people in the world today are looking for ways of losing or maintaining their weight. Many people have resulted to using different methods to aid in weight loss. Now, some of these methods have worked some haven’t. It is because of the increase in the number of people looking to lose weight that different weight loss programs have been introduced. One of the major programs that you will come across is the Jenny Craig weight loss program.
So, what is it?
Are you wondering what Jenny Craig program is? You are not alone. A lot of people have heard about the program but they do not know what is involved in the program. Well, Jenny Craig is a weight loss program that involves three tiers that is; Body, mind and food. The main focus of the program is to teach people more about portion control. The program does this by offering people pre-packaged foods. Even though the program focuses on the pre-packaged meals, it teaches people to focus on preparing the meals at home.
This is a program that is 30 years old. The reason why it has been so successful is because of the support they offer to their clients through the one on one consultation. There are two different type of programs and they include the; in center program that involves people going to the different Jenny Craig centers. You will receive a one on one consultation with the health professionals there. There is also the At- home program that is designed for those people who cannot got to the centers. You will be able to get use the online resources offered, they provide meal delivery and also phone consultations.
- Helps with the portion control; because of the pre packaged food, it is quite easy for you to keep watch of your calorie intake without a any problem
- It is quite convenient; you will not go through the hustle of calculating the calories for yourself. It is also very easy to use as you don’t have to cook
- Tailor made diet; the diet has been designed specifically for you. They normally asses your nutrition status and your nutrition goals. They will then design the program around that.
- Support; as a client you will be able to consult with the different nutritionists. You will also get access to the phone consultation. In case you get discouraged along the way, you will have people to support you and motivate you.
- The program is expensive and different people may not keep up with the fees.
- The food delivered does not cater for people with allergies
- No means of continuity; once you get off the program, you will not be able to get access to the pre packaged meals. This may cause you to fall back to your old eating habits.
- The personal preference; you may not like the food that has been prepared and that can be a problem.